Monday 23 March 2009

the painted forest







I do seem to be spawning sites and blogs at an alarming rate this week! My latest is http://www.thepaintedforest.webeden.co.uk/

After completing the bird cupboard I found myself very taken with the idea of reviving old pieces of furniture and giving them a new lease of life. It's painstaking (I can't possibly work at it fast enough to keep up with the flow of ideas running through my head!) but I have finished the first piece, which I'm calling Bird Table (above). The Painted Forest site will be the online gallery/shop for the furniture pieces and limited edition prints (although I may decide to keep the pieces for myself, not sure yet!). The website is still very much a work in progress as finding the time to get it up and running is proving tricky!

No comments: