Wednesday 5 August 2009

the growing boy is... growing!

All my creative energies are going into the Growing Boy roughs at the moment. I've been trying to work up a couple of finished visuals as well as the thumbnails to see how the pages are going to fit together.

I haven't decided whether to do just one more colour spread then concentrate on more detailed sketches for each page, or whether to work up the whole book in colour. I'm not sure whether presenting a publisher with a finished book is a good idea, as it might look a bit inflexible (I know from experience that the roughs can change quite a bit from the first visual to the finished artwork!).

Perhaps it's better to show a couple of finished illustrations but the whole book as a rough with my final text. Any advice from folk with more experience of submitting picture book manuscripts than me would be much appreciated!

No comments: