Tuesday 22 February 2011

new direction [or back to my graphic roots]




I have been messing around with this pesky owl for the last few days now and I think, after a shaky start, me and him have finally reached a tentative understanding.

Right now he's a pen and ink illustration with a smidge of digital chucked in, but I reckon he'd be much, much happier as a linocut. Then again perhaps that's me projecting... I have been having a creative crisis of sorts lately. After much soul searching and angst (mostly involving the poignant midnight munching of mucho Mini Cheddars) I've come to the conclusion I'm in a rut and in dire need of a new and exciting way of working, and printmaking is something I've always had a hankering for. Unfortunately as time, responsibilites and funds don't allow for a 5-day workshop in the Italian hills darn it, I'm thinking some linocutting tools might be the very thing. Watch this space.

But this is by way of preamble, because my little feathered friend is about to become the subject of my fabulous, incredible, spectacular (and wise) 50+ followers owl giveaway, so watch this space x2.

5 comments:

CremeMagnolia said...

I love your work and can't wait to see what you come up with! Your newest follower from EBT!

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

this is my favorite item in your shop:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/68179636/8-x-12-handmade-illustration-print

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

Also, I follow your blog, (love that owl!)

Kathy Voelker M. said...

following :D

Kathy Voelker M. said...

this item from your shop is my fav :)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/65621890/wind-signed-limited-edition-print