Thursday 26 May 2011

catching up

My week in a day... There really are lots of things I should be doing instead right now but, as I've been neglecting this blog lately, first here's a quick catch up. The old chairs I picked up in the charity shop are finally re-covered, one in red, one in green. The red one is pleasingly throne-like I think!

 And, in the post today, the booklet using my first linocut as its cover...


I have been moving furniture around and have found a place for my precious owls. These belonged to my Nana (who always referred to herself as a 'wise old owl' - usually when giving me advice on some hair-brained scheme I was planning!) and I have started adding to the collection I inherited (the lovely little red glass owl is one new addition). This was also the inspiration behind my wise old owl postcard - and if you look closely you might spot the actual owl he's based on...

4 comments:

SisterBatik said...

i love your owl collection and print.

And well done on the book cover!

Brad said...

Does that darling frog on the book shelf play the guitar?

theartofpuro said...

Great post!Love the photos and your owl collection:)

Veronica said...

Yay! I am very fond of my owlies indeed. The frog? Only when no one's looking (the guitar is usually propped up against the bookcase, but here it's disguising the fact my curtains are actually way too long... but shhh, keep that under your hat).