Tuesday 23 August 2011

up close and observational


It's been lovely to have my evenings back for a while but I miss the creativity now and, more especially, the drawing. It keeps me sane. I have a fabulous botanical illustration book and stretched paper drying but meanwhile, for the purpose of this post, I raked out these old chestnuts (well ok, they're actually apples), done way back in college. Not quite good enough nor detailed enough for professional botanical illustration (I need to get me a magnifying glass for that apparently) but sometimes it's good to have a point of reference. I want to see how much (if any) I have improved in 20 years...

1 comment:

Nicole Pyles said...

Cheers to you for finishing your project! What a good feeling! I do the same with writing...I like to go back and do the same with stories I have written in the past!